There are multiple ways to test Cilium functionality, including unit-testing and integration testing. In order to improve developer throughput, we provide ways to run both the unit and integration tests in your own workspace as opposed to being fully reliant on the Cilium CI infrastructure. We encourage all PRs to add unit tests and if necessary, integration tests. Consult the following pages to see how to run the variety of tests that have been written for Cilium, and information about Cilium’s CI infrastructure.
- CI / Jenkins
- End-To-End Testing Framework
- Running End-To-End Tests
- Test Reports
- Best Practices for Writing Tests
- Ginkgo Extensions
- Running End-To-End Tests In Other Environments via kubeconfig
- Running End-To-End Tests In Other Environments via SSH
- VMs for Testing
- VM images
- Known Issues and Workarounds
- Further Assistance
- Integration Testing
- BPF Unit and Integration Testing
The best way to get help if you get stuck is to ask a question on the Cilium Slack channel. With Cilium contributors across the globe, there is almost always someone available to help.