Welcome to Cilium’s documentation!
The documentation is divided into the following sections:
Cilium Quick Installation: Provides a simple tutorial for running a small Cilium setup on your laptop. Intended as an easy way to get your hands dirty applying Cilium security policies between containers.
Getting Started : Details instructions for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cilium in different deployment modes.
Network Policy : Detailed walkthrough of the policy language structure and the supported formats.
Monitoring & Metrics : Instructions for configuring metrics collection from Cilium.
Troubleshooting : Describes how to troubleshoot Cilium in different deployment modes.
BPF and XDP Reference Guide : Provides a technical deep dive of eBPF and XDP technology, primarily focused at developers.
API Reference : Details the Cilium agent API for interacting with a local Cilium instance.
Development : Gives background to those looking to develop and contribute modifications to the Cilium code or documentation.
A hands-on tutorial in a live environment is also available for users looking for a way to quickly get started and experiment with Cilium.
- Cilium Quick Installation
- Hubble Introduction
- Setting up Hubble Observability
- Hubble Configuration
- Service Map & Hubble UI
- Inspecting Network Flows with the CLI
- Getting Started with the Star Wars Demo
- Getting Help
- Considerations on Node Pool Taints and Unmanaged Pods
- Installation using Helm
- Migrating a cluster to Cilium
- Installation with K8s distributions
- External Installers
- Networking Concepts
- Kubernetes Networking
- Network Policy
- Kubernetes Without kube-proxy
- Endpoint CRD
- EndpointSlice CRD
- CiliumEndpointSlice (beta)
- Kubernetes Compatibility
- Cilium CRD schema validation
- Bandwidth Manager
- Kata Containers with Cilium
- Configuring IPAM Modes
- Local Redirect Policy (beta)
- eBPF Datapath
- Multi-cluster Networking
- External networking
- Service Mesh
- Getting Started Using Istio
- VXLAN Tunnel Endpoint (VTEP) Integration (beta)
- LoadBalancer IP Address Management (LB IPAM)
- Network Security
- Network Policy
- Network Policy Security Tutorials
- Identity-Aware and HTTP-Aware Policy Enforcement
- Locking Down External Access with DNS-Based Policies
- Inspecting TLS Encrypted Connections with Cilium
- Securing a Kafka Cluster
- Securing gRPC
- Securing Elasticsearch
- Securing a Cassandra Database
- Securing Memcached
- Locking Down External Access Using AWS Metadata
- Creating Policies from Verdicts
- Host Firewall
- Threat Model
- Running Prometheus & Grafana
- Monitoring & Metrics
- Layer 7 Protocol Visibility
- System Requirements
- Upgrade Guide
- Performance & Scalability
- Release Management
- API Reference
- gRPC API Reference
- Command Cheatsheet
- Command Reference
- Helm Reference
- Key-Value Store
- Further Reading